A message from Steve:
The at-large council election is a bit unusual. Here is how it works:
1) There are three at-large seats on council. At-large council members run county-wide and represent the entire county.
2) A pool of candidates--in 2018 there are ten--runs to be elected to one of the three seats.
3) In both the primary and the general election you can vote for up to three of the candidates running for those three seats.
4) The six candidates with the most votes in the primary proceed to the general election.
5) The three candidates with the most votes in the general election get elected to the three at-large seats.
6) The candidate with the most votes in the general election also serves as Vice Mayor.
I presently serve as an at-large member and also as Vice Mayor because I received the most votes in the 2014 at-large election. I am running for re-election to one of the three at-large seats--number 8 on the ballot--and I am working to get the most votes again so I can continue to serve you as Vice Mayor. I would appreciate your vote and your support.