Why I'm Running
I am running for a third at-large term on our city council because I want to expand the work I have begun on behalf of Lexington over the past seven years. It has been a special privilege to serve as your Vice Mayor the last three of those years.
I chose Lexington as my home more than forty years ago because it was a great place to live and raise a family. I recognized then the city’s potential to become world class. In the last decade I have seen more and more of that promise being realized. The last seven years on council have reinforced my belief that, as a community, we are well on our way to fulfilling our exceptional potential by:
- Protecting our priceless land, air, and water for all who live here now and for those who come after us;
- Creating a system of parks with programs and facilities that match in quality our beautiful and productive rural area;
- Fostering an economy that values decent, affordable, environmentally friendly homes for all our residents;
- Growing more of our own fresh, healthy food; and
- Prioritizing local entrepreneurship, job development, and sustainable practices.
Leadership, vision, meaningful public engagement, wise choices, and significant action have long been hallmarks of my civic and professional values. To win re-election in 2018, and to continue serving you in ways that adhere to those values and that encourage and strengthen the best aspects of our community, I will need your help and support.
Please join Kay for Council and help me make Lexington one of the world’s great cities.